1- Leveraging the social media landscape
2- Training & developing your digital competence
Everyone with some digital competence can contribute both to open conversations on social platforms such as Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterests; to the linked open content platform consisting of the wikiworx.info content components; and to many more social media solutions such as Citeulike bibliographic groups, and Scribd document repositories.
With many tiny inputs, a global virtual team can create mixed-content foundations for community members and leaders, experts and interested persons who wish to address their issues and problems in a transparent, open and inclusive way.
3- Serendipity in the virtual team
- the notion of virtual team, Yael Zofi has written an excellent Manager's Guide to Virtual Teams (August, 2011), and
- the chances that people use each other's content in ways never imagined by those who created it1
the work in virtual team and the yielding of outcomes from your contributions has a number of specific features.
- Teamwork: learn from paths followed by peers (who took the time to document them) and in which you can contribute well-defined new results, or express your agreement with the contributions by others.
- Even through tiny efforts your work can facilitate collaborative advances, for instance by checking whether the reports and papers you read are included in suitable CiteULike groups as explained at the bibliographic resources page.
- Written Content: In many situations you must follow a template for contributing content, and in each page you must present your contribution in accordance with professional and scientific norms. Feedback is possible on nearly all pages in the platform.
- Professional Functioning: how to interact with the concern of different stakeholders is reflected in the methodology adopted in an initiative; by rigorously applying techniques in a small case, you can acquaint with them prior to needing them in a real-life challenges faced by development experts and workers.
- To make each one's individual contributions visible and accountable, contributors (nick) name, and contributions by contributor are provided by the platform components.