Benefits of the collaborative use of #tags
The benefits of the collaborative use of systematically defined hashtags are described here: Community based climate collaboration via #tags and wikis.
A #TagAThon is a grassroots initiative to catalyze the collaborative use of hashtags, and the creation of online libraries supporting sustainable development locally and globally.
Several tools support the quick and easy discovery of the tag for a specific topic.
"One step" tools include these mobile friendly wiki pages:
- a tag pivot as illustrated by #Tags for the #2030Agenda - it provides tabbed tables which support the easy discovery of hashtags for economic activities, sustainable development goals and targets, functions of government and workpackages that are part of action agendas. The tags for economic activities and functions of government are also listed in the #tag guideline e-book below;
- an alphabetic word cloud in which each word consists of a name (of a city or other local government unit), "-" and the hashtag for the local. Such clouds are illustrated:
- for most countries of the world, the Actor Atlas contains a page with key "systematic" #tags for the country. These country pages can be found via Actor Atlas initiative books page.
- There is a #udhr hashtag for each article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- There is a #a4a2030 hashtag for each article of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda
- There is a #pacc hashtag for each article of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change(December 2015).
- There is a #nua2030 hashtag for each article of the New Urban Agenda (under construction).
"Two step tools"
- for the sustainable development targets, the keywords are listed in a alphabetic keyword cloud. Selection of a keyword lists the targets for the keyword. Each target (short) phrase is preceded by its SDT hashtag.
- for the economic activities, the keywords are listed in the alphabetic keyword cloud for economic activities. Selection of a keyword lists the economic activities that mention the keyword. Each economic activity title is preceded by its #isic hashtag.
- for the functions of government, the keywords are listed in the alphabetic keyword cloud for functions of government. Selection of a keyword lists the functions of government that mention the keyword. Each function of government title is preceded by its #cofog hashtag.
- major cities is an alphabetic list of major cities in the world. When looking up a city, you can access its page. The page lists the city's #WWlgu tag
- One can use the search on the Actor Atlas or a social capital wiki. Several pages mentioning the term or phrase may have a #tag in the title, select the #tag that matches the context of the terms use.
Looking up, creating and sharing content
First look up content that has been shared with the #tags of the topic that interests you. You may find a multilingual (Twitter) timeline such as the one for #cofog0112 below:
This Twitter timeline is embedded at #cofog0112 - Financial and fiscal affairs (CS) (Actor Atlas)
If you know untagged recent content, share it using the proposed hashtag.
If your knowledge or new facts contribute something new for the topic, then create the content and share it with the hashtag.